Blog, Gsuite by Google, Productivity
|Factors||Office 365||G Suite|
|1. Platforms Supported||Web based, iPhone app, android app and windows app||It also supports all the platforms.|
|2. Types of Customers||Freelancers, Small Businesses, mid-size businesses and big enterprises.||It can be used by all except big enterprises.|
|3. Supports||It only supports video tutorials.||Except phone support it provides online support, knowledge base and video tutorials.|
|4. Pricing||Starts from $6 per month||It starts from $5 per month per user|
|5. Users By Industry||Those who have more than 1000 plus employees.||Mostly used by small businesses having less than 200 employees.|
|6. Privacy||Scans mails and files for data collection to show relevant ads.||Scan mails and documents to protect against malware|
|7. Payment Options||You can either pay monthly or take yearly plan by annual subscription||You have to pay monthly.|
|8. Storage||1 TB per user per month||30 GB per user per month.|
|9. Free Trial||30 day free trial for two plans||14 day free trial|
|10. Addition of User's||Anytime||Till you don't exceed the user limit|
|11. Customer Support||24/7 phone support||24/7 phone and email support|
|12. Communication Medium||Outlook groups and Yammer||Google Groups and Google Hangouts|
|13. Voice and Video Calls||Skype||Hangouts|
|14. Android and iOS Devices||Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Yammer||Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Calendar, Keep, Slides|
If you are managing a team of professionals, irrespective of the nature of your business, you desperately need office productivity apps to ride on the top in between a cut-throat competition.
At present, there are a number of productivity apps available in the market but the ones, which have attracted the business professionals are Office365 suite and G-Suite.
Although, G Suite and Office 365 offer number of same features and functionality, for instance, file storage, word processing, and spreadsheet applications but still, they completely differ from each other.
Now the question is, which is better among these two? Choosing between both these products is quite challenging as it ultimately depends on the requirements of the businesses. All the essential factors in productivity tool vary from business to business.
What Actually They Do?
Office 365 and G Suite are basically cloud-based apps, which help you to perform your daily business tasks. Both these tools offer you to create spreadsheets, documents, presentations, drives and much more other essential and useful tools. With these suits, you can also connect with your team members via cloud storage and video functionality.
One important thing to be mentioned here that G Suite is more adapted by budding or startup companies while Office 365 is more loved in big and established enterprises.
Lets see the difference between these two:
The basic plan of G Suite starts off with 30 GB storage but as you move ahead with the advanced plans, you will get more storage with unlimited benefits.
- G Suite ‘basic plan’ offers 30 GB storage.
- Its ‘business plan’ comes with unlimited storage helpful for big organizations having cloud data.
- G Suite business plan with unlimited storage is cheaper than Office 365.
- Its business plan only provides you with unlimited storage when you purchase more than 5 user accounts, otherwise 1 TB per user.
Office 365 is more convenient as its entry level plan offers 1TB storage followed by rest of the plans.
- Office 365 also gives you the option to purchase more storage per user. Every 1 GB more after the given limit costs you $0.20 per user.
- Although, storage wise, both the suits are good to go but one thing gives G Suite,a little bit edge over Office 365.
- If you are working with normal documents and features for small size organization, then 1 TB per user limit is perfect to use.
- But your organization is big and you need cloud storage, then Office 365 is more expensive than G Suite as it offers unlimited storage in $10 per month per user.
G Suite provides you an economical email storage plans as compare to Office 365.
- G Suite basic plan costs you $5 per month per user in which you will get 30 GB storage including emails and files.
- G Suite is fantastic, fast and robust in terms of email apps due to its powerful search functionality.
- G Suite is probably best in managing your emails as it provides lots of flexibility with offline version.
Office 365 offers you some more advanced options related to emails but you have to spend more to avail these features
- The entry level plan of Office 365 with email storage of 50GB comes at $6 per month per user.
- If you want to go with business plan, you will get unlimited email storage on $10 but you have more than 5 plus user's in your team.
- Microsoft Outlook is the key attraction of Office 365 for emails.
3. Video Calling
G Suite provides video calling facility with Google Hangout. Comparatively, It seems that G Suite works better than Office 365.
- It has very less frequent call drops cases.
- Maximum 25 people can participate in a video calling using hangout.
- You will get conference as well as general telephonic services.
The best part of Skype is that maximum people are using Skype and feeling more comfortable.
- Comparatively, Skype is more generous as per the number of user's than Hangout as 250 people can connect with each other.
- Office 365 has more advanced features than G Suite but these are most expensive plans.
G Suite has some incredible features with multiple language options. Here is the list of the features, you will get with G Suite.
- G Suite apps are specially designed for cloud-based collaboration.
- Google docs feature allows you to make permanent alterations within the files.
- You can also get the feedback or put your views using suggestions mode.
- Google Calendar has an exciting machine intelligence that helps you to search a time when all the invitees are free.
- Google Slides has dynamic layout suggestions and better file management.
Office 365 allows you to get the desktop versions of all the available products including cloud-based products.
- You can work by installing the full versions of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook etc on your systems and can work offline.
- You will get more advanced integration with cloud solutions such as Sharepoint, Azure and Dynamic CRM.
At present, G Suite mainly offers three plans:
1. Basic Plan
This plan costs you $5 per user per month. You also has the option of paid annually at $50. With this plan, you will get:
- Voice and video calls
- Business email addresses
- Shared online calendars
- Spreadsheets, slides and online documents
- 30 GB online storage for file sharing and synchronization
- Security and admin controls
- Project Sites
- 24/7 telephonic and email support
2. Business Plan
Business plan per user per month costs $10. You can also take yearly plan at $120. You will get all the features of basic plan plus some more, which are as follows:
- Reporting and audit insights for drive content and sharing
- Unlimited file storage capacity of 1 TB (If you have less than five users in your organization)
- E-discovery covering chats, emails, files and docs
- Message retention policies/Email archives
3. Enterprise Plan
As this is the premium plan, you will only get the prices of this plan on request from Google. Its added features apart from basic and business plan include:
- Integration with third party tools
- Prevention from losing data of email and files
- Advanced security and admin controls
- Additional reporting on email usage
As compare to Google, Microsoft’s Office 365 have many different plans which are as follows:
1. Business Essentials
- It costs $5 per month per user but it only has 1TB storage, email, Skype and OneDrive Cloud Storage.
2. Office 365 Business Version
- This version costs $8.25 per user per month and it comprises of Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Excel and OneDrive with 1TB.
- Apart from it, you can install office apps on your phones and tablets.
3. Business Premium Suite
- This version of Office 365 costs $12.50 per user per month.
- It not only includes all the features of business version but also gives you HD video conferencing, Skype along with 50 GB mailbox.
So, here we come to an end to this comparison between G Suite and Office 365. Both are perfect in their niche. While G Suite tries you to offer maximum useful features in minimum expenses, on the other side, Office 365 eyes more on advanced offers which can cost you more.
Meanwhile, there are lots of challenges coming in their way as both are expanding and evolving. Now, its upto you to choose between these two as per the requirements of your business enterprises.