WordPress is an open source software or blogging platform to create a website or blog. It is one of the most flexible ways of blogging and management of content for beginners.
This post will tell you how to install WordPress by using Plesk but before getting into it, let me first give you some basic knowledge about WordPress.
What is WordPress?
WordPress, which was launched in 2003, is a web publishing software that helps in creating your blog or website. Since its introduction, it has powered more than 70 million websites and has become highly popular web publishing platforms.
Most of the people think that WordPress is only made for creating blogs, but it is much more than just a blogging platform. You can also make up and control your website, that too without incurring any charges.
It is an open source content management system which has been used by millions of people across the world creating hundreds of plugins, themes, and widgets.
How To Install WordPress Using Plesk?
- Download the current version of WordPress from wordpress.org.
- Log into Plesk Control Panel.
- You can see WordPress icon on the right side of the menu under the tab Websites & Domains, select it to access WordPress toolkit.
- Install WordPress from WordPress installation screen. With this, you get numerous specific features in WordPress.
- Now, select a drop down on application screen from where you have to install a free app on a site and choose Install (Custom).
- After accepting the terms and conditions related to licensing agreement, you can then proceed further by clicking Next.
- If you ever want to install WordPress in the root directory then, remove WordPress. Otherwise, you can simply leave WordPress.
- Now create an administrator user account so that all technical issues can be resolved by using control panel from the technical team of service providers. You should not use admin as your administrator username for security concerns.
- You can use the existing name in the database or change the name as per your choice.
- You can create database table prefixes that would be beneficial for you to create a multisite installation.
- Now create your database user.
- Choose a random password of at least 8 characters.This is your database password that should be different from your WordPress admin password. Confirm it by retyping it on the dialog box.
- Now, click on the Install button.
- WordPress is now installed in your specified directory and you can anytime access the site by clicking login link. Put your username and password in the given box and get logged into your WordPress space.
You are now good to go! Enjoy your time on Wordpress and have fun.