Managed cloud allows each customer to pick the IT functions they want to handle in-house, while leaving all else to their service provider. Managed cloud services provides support at the infrastructure and app level.
A managed cloud services provider like XcellHost provides broad economies of resources for its customers. The engineers of the provider manage not only the computing , storage, networks, and operating systems of the customers, but also the complex tools and application stacks which run on top of that infrastructure. These include the new ecommerce sites and databases, as well as DevOps automation software.
Managed cloud services include, at the infrastructure level:
• Architecture guidance
• System administration and operations (Ops)
• System monitoring, alerting, and reporting
• Performance testing and tuning
• Proactive communications and 24x7 support
• A single point of contact for support
• DNS management
• Security and compliance management
• Backup and disaster recovery
• Database administration
• Developer support and training