Why is it important to have a NAC solution?
With companies now needing to prepare for the growing growth of mobile devices accessing their networks and the security threats they carry, it's important to have the resources to provide the visibility, access control, and enforcement capabilities that are needed to improve the network security infrastructure.
A NAC system can deny access to non-compliant devices through the network, place them in a quarantined area, or give them only limited access to computing resources, thereby preventing unsafe nodes from infecting the network.
What are the general capabilities of a solution for the NAC?
NAC solutions help organizations use the following capabilities to control access to their networks:
• Policy lifecycle management: Enforces policies for all operating scenarios without requiring separate products or additional modules.
• Profiling and visibility: Recognizes and profiles users and their devices before malicious code can cause damage.
• Guest networking access: Manage guests through a customizable, self-service portal that includes guest registration, guest authentication, guest sponsoring, and a guest management portal.
• Security posture check: Evaluates security-policy compliance by user type, device type, and operating system.
• Incidence response: Mitigates network threats by enforcing security policies that block, isolate, and repair noncompliant machines without administrator attention.
• Bidirectional integration: Integrate with other security and network solutions through the open/Restful API.