Businesses are looking for ways to minimize the increasing IT costs and complexity of managing the rising number of user devices that are spawning all around the IT. With the increase in the types of devices used on and off the premises, data security and 24/7 desktop availability have taken new dimensions.
To comply with the privacy regulations around the world — such as the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Sarbanes-Oxley, and the European Union Privacy Regulations — integrates to the security, archiving, and disaster recovery challenges.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) leads to centralized management of client desktops and helps to achieve:
- Decrease in costs and complexity by centralized provisioning and complete management of desktop applications along with user accounts.
- Maximize security by centralized control of sensitive data and the capability to separate companies and personal desktops.
- Optimizing user experience by the adoption of uniform high-performance architecture
Acronis delivers complete backup and disaster recovery solution with flexible availability options:
- High availability: Your most important VDI components, such as Active Directory® domain controllers, can run parallel in the cloud by using application-level replication or clustering. It reduces the chances of downtime in the event of a disaster.
- Warm standby and failover: In case of disaster strikes, you can restart the main VDI servers in less than 15 minutes in the cloud or complete data center within two hours.
- Cold backup and recovery: You can even back up secondary VDI systems to the Acronis DR Cloud that leads to complete protection of your entire infrastructure.
Backup and recovery
Apart from high availability and failover features, Acronis Disaster Recovery Service allows you back up all the systems. It all happens within the scope of service with retention defined by your corporate policies. Highly available servers, like Active Directory, are backed up within the Acronis Cloud that ensures restoring of these servers to their original state in case of system corruption. Further, it allows back up of snapshots of replicated servers and VMs.
To learn more, get this whitepaper and save your data without any fear of disaster.